Ray is an independent consulting actuary with over thirty six years of experience in the insurance industry including eighteen years as a consultant. He has a wealth of experience providing actuarial services in loss reserve analysis, ratemaking and product development, reinsurance pricing and analysis, regulatory compliance, and data compilation. Major projects he has completed include studies of:
- Private passenger automobile insurance systems,
- Homeowners and condominium association property prices and products,
- Workers compensation self-insurance programs,
- Insurance company and self insured loss reserves,
- Highly protected property risk insurance rates,
- Insurance company general liability rates,
- Insurance company valuations,
- Reinsurance modeling studies, and
- Other work spanning non-life actuarial projects.
He has served as an expert witness and was the successful expert witness in the U. S. Supreme Court case, Atlantic Mutual v. Commissioner.
Ray is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society, a Fellow of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries, a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries, a Member of the International Actuarial Association, a Charted Property Casualty Underwriter, a Certified Insurance Data Manager, and has earned an Associate in Reinsurance designation.